Give back to your alma mater as a volunteer. Click on the volunteer form link (to the left) to get involved in one of these opportunities.
Alumni volunteers are essential to the recruitment process and all efforts are appreciated! You can make a lasting impression on students considering enrolling at UIndy in a variety of ways:
- Alumni Representative: Represent the UIndy Alumni Association at a variety of events the Indiana Latino Expo and the Indiana Black Expo. Check out the events page to see what opportunities are coming up!
- Recommend a Student: Click here if you know a student who would be a good fit for UIndy..
- Alumni Scholarship Sponsor: Sponsor a student who is applying for the Alumni Scholarship program
- Alumni College Fair Representatives: Help at regional college fairs. Target cities in need of volunteers (training provided) are Chicago, Louisville, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Grand Rapids (MI), and Nashville (TN). To help, find out which admissions counselor is responsible for your region and send him/her an email detailing your availability. Admissions counselor search.
- Two for Two Business Cards: We love bragging about UIndy alumni to prospective students. Send the Office of Admissions two current business cards for our business card display, located in our Esch Hall lobby.
- Fee Waiver Request: Request an admissions fee waiver ($20 value) and give it to a prospective student.
For more information on any of the volunteer opportunities listed above contact the Office of Admissions at (317) 788-3216, 1-866-421-7173, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni Ambassadors for International Students
This alumni association program helps the Office of International Programs extend a warm welcome to newly arriving international students at the start of fall and spring terms. You could host an international student for a holiday meal in your home, extending both hospitality and providing a living example of American culture. It also increases student awareness of the Alumni Association.
Alumni Association Regional Representatives
Serve as an alumni contact in your geographic area for activities such as:
Alumni Honors and Recognition Committee
- Alumni Events: Help
the Alumni Office plan an alumni event near you. Contact us for details
about other alumni in your area and assistance in providing an event in
- Relocation Contact: Speak with alumni who are relocating and want to talk to an alumnus/a in their new town.
- Academic Help: Academic departments may need an alumni contact as they travel for conferences and recruitment.
Assist the alumni association in identifying alumni for recognition through our annual awards program. Honorees are recognized annually through the Honors and Recognition event held during Homecoming/Reunion Weekend. Click here for information on the alumni awards program.
Commencement Day (NEW!)
Two-hour shifts available to assist with:
- Greeting guests/collecting tickets.
- Distributing graduation gifts.
Educational Opportunities for Alumni Committee (NEW!)
Help us design and promote life-long learning activities for alumni, such as:
- Reading/Discussion Groups
- Travel Programs
- Access to campus speakers
Greyhound Career Connection Program
Are you interested in being an alumni contact within your organization or profession? Would you be able to recommend UIndy grads for job openings or be a source of internships for undergraduates? As a Greyhound Connection volunteer, you may be asked to provide a brief one-hour or less mentoring session to a student or alumnus/a who seeks employment in your profession. Be the eyes and ears for your alma mater in finding jobs and internships for UIndy students and alumni.
Reunion and Homecoming Committees
Help plan and promote reunion and Homecoming activities for fellow alumni. Homecoming/Reunion Weekend 2013 is scheduled for October 3-5. Committees are being formed now for 2013 for the following groups:
- 50-Year Club (Classes of 1962 and earlier).
- 1963 (50th Reunion).
- 1988 (25th Reunion).
- Young Alumni Club (1993-2013).
- Greyhound Village, the new family-friendly Homecoming festival for alumni from all graduation years.